The ideal candidate for this Ad Operations role will have a strong background in online media account management, sell-side programmatic ad operations, familiarity with DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) and experience mining data to identify actionable insights. The candidate will serve as a primary point of contact for Proper Media’s demand partners, conduct frequent analysis to help improve and optimize publisher monetization, and provide support in reporting, direct campaign trafficking, publisher on-boarding, and solutions testing. The role is expected to communicate with technical users and non-technical users, and must have excellent written and verbal skills as well as a high level of customer service to promote greater efficiency in Ad Operations. This person will also spend time helping to test and make suggestions to improve our publisher product offering and monetization optimization tools.
Strong technical aptitude and background with ability to engage into technical conversations with external vendors and internal groups; at Proper Media those people will be Ad Ops, Ads Product, Ads Engineering & Ad Sales.
- Create, maintain, and produce regular programmatic operational and site performance reports for external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify ways to further drive value proposition in our programmatic offerings, tech stack priorities and revenue optimization processes.
- Setup and monitor direct advertising campaigns within DFP.
- Work closely with the programmatic sales team to manage RTB floor prices and block lists on platforms.
- Identify new areas of opportunity within existing placements and products, Evaluate new technologies, market trends and industry best practices.
- Promote best practices with adequate testing and QA for the team with a key focus towards superior campaign execution, minimizing errors.
- Work with internal teams directly to support new products and enhancements to existing or new ad delivery systems including programmatic.
- Coordinate various operational aspects of advertising placements on mobile and desktop site consisting of standard display ad units, programmatic and custom built native/sponsored/branded content executions
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Ideal candidate will bring 2-3 years+ of experience at publisher’s ad operations and/or account management using DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) - including mobile advertising. Some experience with SSPs (AppNexus, Rubicon, AdX, OpenX) is preferred. Understanding of header bidding platforms and technology a plus.
- Familiarity with programmatic advertising implementation and related concepts (DMP, DSP, Ad Exchanges, Tracking Pixels, 3rd party tags, click trackers, ad server macros, etc.). Tactical understanding of digital media planning process / workflow
- Proven capability in providing data analysis and analytical insights to develop effective, revenue producing successful ad campaigns
- Team player with ability to work independently across teams and ability to immediately troubleshoot and identify technical issues. Capable of working effectively with ever changing priorities and short deadlines. Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- All that said, willing to train a candidate that has strong experience in technical customer support, understands advertising or media models, and demonstrates a strong ability to learn new concepts.